If you have tuned into any of the major media or even alternative media sources lately, it seems as if the world is falling apart and if anything moving farther away from a more peaceful existence. To quote the movie The Dark Knight, “The Night is Darkest just Before the Dawn,” keeping this in mind here are 7 Peaceful Quotes to keep the dream alive.
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” -Mahatma Gandhi
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” -Buddha
- “Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.” -William Hazlitt
- “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
- “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” -Albert Einstein
- “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality…I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.” -Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.” – John Lennon