Bananas are a cheap, easy to find, healthy fruit you can add to your diet.
1. Bananas can help your work out by preventing oxidative stress which then helps the body regenerate. (1)
2. The high potassium in bananas may help prevent stroke. (2) Stroke is the third leading cause of death in the United States, and the cause of death for more than 140,000 people. (3)
3. Bananas may help prevent osteoporosis. (4) Osteoporosis affects an estimated 10 million Americans and about 80% of those are women. (5)
4. Bananas may help prevent kidney stones. (6) According to the National Kidney Foundation, kidney stones increase the risk of developing chronic kidney disease, as well as being incredibly painful.
5. Banana can help relieve constipation. (7)
6. Bananas act as a prebiotic which can help to create healthy gut flora. (8) Some studies suggest that prebiotics may be even more useful than probiotics in the relief of gastrointestinal diseases. (9)
7. Banana consumption has been found to help fight infections. (10)
8. As of this publication there are no GMO varieties of banana sold in your grocery store. (11)
9. Bananas have high levels of B6. B6 can increase the vividness and your ability to remember dreams (12), makes antibodies (antibodies are needed to fight many diseases), maintains normal nerve function, makes hemoglobin (hemoglobin carries oxygen in the red blood cells to the tissues), and keeps blood sugar (glucose) in normal ranges, also a vitamin B6 deficiency can cause a form of anemia. (13)
With all of the amazing health benefits of eating bananas every day, you may wonder if you will get sick of the flavor, and texture, but don’t forget that bananas also make a great smoothie base.
Here is one great Super-Power Morning recipe and a quick 5-Minute Vegan Breakfast Smoothie recipe from The Kitchn.